광주과학기술원 이흥노 교수 이력사항
○ 성 명 : 이 흥 노 (李 興 魯).
○ 소 속 : 광주과학기술원 전기전자컴퓨터공학부
○ 전 화 : 010-4946-4710
○ E-mail : email@example.com
○ 1994.11.1. ~ 1999.12.17.University of California, Los Angeles, U.S.A., 전자공학, 박사
○ 1993.09.01. ~ 1994.10.30. University of California, Los Angeles, U.S.A., 전자공학, 석사
○ 1990.09.01. ~ 1993.05.30. University of California, Los Angeles, U.S.A., 전자공학, 학사
○ 2010.10.30.~현재 환경감시국민운동본부“세계 산소의 날 지정 및 선포” 발기인
○ 2018.10.23.~2019.12.31. 우정사업정보센터 블록체인 자문위원
○ 2018.8.22.~ 현재 GIST블록체인인터넷경제 연구센터장
○ 2018.5.9.~ 2019.5.8. 광주광역시 한국문화기술(CT)연구원 설립 추진위원
○ 2018.1.1~ 현재. 국가스마트도시위원회 민간위원
○ 2017.1.1.~ 2018.12.31 (사)대한전자공학회 통신소사이어티 회장
○ 2017.1.1.~ 2017.12.31 2017 (사)대한전자공학회 부회장 (등기이사)
○ 2017.1.1.~ 2017.12.31 2017 한국통신학회 JCCI 학술위원회 부위원장
○ 2016.9.13.~ 2017.11.30 GIST 연구원장
○ 2016.9.7.~ 2017.5.7 GIST 연구정책센터 센터장
○ 2016.9.1.~ 현재 미래과학기술지주(주), 상임이사
○ 2016.2.3.~ 2016.12.31. 미래창조과학부 직할 출연연구기관 임무중심형 기관평가위원
○ 2015.12.30.~ 현재 GIST센서지능화 연구센터장
○ 2015.12.30.~ 2017.12.19. 미래창조과학부 연구개발특구위원회 위원
○ 2015.3.5.~ 2017.3.24. GIST 연구처장
○ 2015.1.1.~2016.12.31. 대한전자공학회 상임이사 (학술, 기획 부분)
○ 2014.6.1.~ 2015.2.28. 제9회 국제노화심포지엄 학술 위원
○ 2014.1.1.~ 2014.12.31. 대한전자공학회 회지편집위원회 위원 및 협동 이사
○ 2013.1.1.~ 2017.2.28. IEEE Gwangju Section Chair
○ 2012.9.1.~ 현재 전남대학교병원 객원교수
○ 2012.6.1.~ 2016.8.31. 한국연구재단 기초연구본부 ICT융합연구단 전문위원
○ 2010.1.1.~ 2014.12.31. 대한전자공학회 통신소사이어티 이사
○ 2009.1.1. ~ 현재 광주과학기술원 전기전자컴퓨터공학부 교수
○ 2002.1.1. ~ 2008.12.30. University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, U.S.A., 교수
○ 1999.3.1. ~ 2001.12.30. Hughes Research Lab. (HRL Lab.),Malibu, CA, U.S.A., 연구원
- 주요업적 및 수상경력
○ 2019. 12. 13. : 2019 대한전자공학회 해동학술상 수상
○ 2016. 11. 16. : GIST 연구상
○ 2016. 11. 16. : 2016년 선정 GIST 대표기술상
○ 2014. 11. 22. : 제 8회 국제노화심포지엄에서 베스트 포스터상 수상
○ 2013. 12. 20. : 2014년 이달의 과학기술자상 1월 수상자로 선정
○ 2013. 11. 23. : 제 7회 국제노화심포지엄에서 베스트 포스터상 수상
○ 2013. 10. 16. : 한국연구재단에서 2013년 기초연구 우수성과 50선 선정
○ 2013. 08. 28. : 미래창조과학부에서 2012년 국가연구개발 우수성과 100선 선정
○ 중견연구자지원사업-후속연구지원 2차(도약)
: 레이다, 분광기, 뇌컴퓨터 인터페이스 시스템에 특화된 지능형 신호 복원 및 분류 시스템 연구
: 부호 이론적 다중 압축 센싱 시스템 개발 연구
○ 전자전 특화 연구센터에 대한 연구
： 잡음통신기술을 적용한 다중모드 항재밍 저피탐 통신기법 (EW-33) 연구
: 해상도 향상 DSP 알고리즘을 이용한 초소형 고해상도 분광기 모듈 개발
○ CV Korean version 2020 (pdf)
○ CV English version (pdf)
Heung-No Lee, Ph.D.
Professor, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS)
Director of GIST Research Institute
Dean of Research
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)
261 Cheomdan Gwagiro (Oryong dong), Buk-gu
Gwangju 500-712, Republic of Korea
Phone: +(82) 62-715-2237
FAX: +(82) 62-715-2204
Lab homg page: http://infonet.gist.ac.kr/
The candidate is seeking a professional opportunity for teaching and research. Primary teaching interests include machine learning, communications, information theory, and signal processing, and research interests include machine learning, signal processing, computational intelligence, computational imaging, communications , networks and Blockchain.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Eng., University of California, Los Angeles, Nov. 1999
Title of Dissertation: Adaptive Diversity Combining, Equalization and Sequence Decoding for Time-Varying Dispersive Channels
- M.S. in Electrical Eng., University of California, Los Angeles, Dec. 1994
- B.S. in Electrical Eng., University of California, Los Angeles, June 1993
Professional Positions Held
- Chief of Blockchain Internet Economic Research Center, GIST, Korea, 2018.8 – Present
- Chairman of Communications Society of The Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea, 2017.1 – Present
- JCCI Academic Vice President of the Korean Institute of Communication Sciences, 2017.1 – 2017.12.31
- Vice Chairman of The Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea (Registered Director), 2017.1 – Present
- Future Science & Technology Holding Co., Ltd., Executive Director, 2016.9 – Present
- Research Director, GIST, Korea, 2016.9 – 2017.11
- Director of Research Policy Center, GIST, Korea, 2016.9 – 2017.5
- Director of Intelligent Sensors Research Center, GIST, Korea, 2015.12 – Present
- Member of R&D Special Zone Committee of Future Creation Science Department, 2015.12 – 2017.12
- Executive Director, Academic, Planning Department of The Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea, 2015, 2016
- Visiting Prefessor, Cheon-Nam Natioanl University Hospital, 2012 – 2016
- Professor, GIST, Korea, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, 2009.1 – Present
- Assistant Professor, the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, U. S. A., Electrical and Computer Eng. Department, 2002 – 2008
- Research Staff Memver, HRL Laboratories, L. L. C., (Formerly Hughes Research Laboratories), Information Science Laboratory, 1993.3 – 2002.1
Awards and Honors
- GIST Research Award 2016 (for Contribution to Industrialization)
- Top 11 Research Outcomes of GIST, 2016.
- National Research Foundation, This Month Science/Engineer Award, January 2014.
- Top 50 Achievements of National Research and Development, awarded by National Research Foundation of Korea, Oct. 15th, 2013.
- Top 100 Achievements of National Research and Development, awarded by Korean Ministry of Science, ICT and Planning, August, 28th, 2013.
- Best Poster Award at the 6th International Symposium for Aging, Gwangju, Korea, Oct. 20th, 2012.
- National Research Laboratory of Korea, 2010, National Research Foundation.
- University of Pittsburgh Central Research Development Grant Awards: 2002, 2005
- Pittsburgh Digital Greenhouse Research Grant Award 2002
- Who’s who in America, nominated in 2001 and
- Departmental Scholar awarded upon graduation of UCLA, 1993
- Graduated UCLA as an Honor Student (Cum Laude)
- Member of Tau Beta Phi honor society
International Journal Editorship
- Elected Member of IEEE Computational Imaging Special Interest Group, Jan. 2017 – 2019.
- Area Editor for AEU–International Journal of Electronics and Communications. Areas include channel coding, information theory, signal processing, communications theories. January 2013 – 2016.
- Lead Guest Editor for EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking. Special Issue on Networking Coding for Wireless Networks, Other Guest Editors: Sae-Young Chung (KAIST), Christina Fragouli (EPFL), and Zhi-Hong Mao (University of Pittsburgh). On-Line Publication: http://www.hindawi.com/journals/wcn/2010/si.nwc.html (Link taken on Jan. 8th, 2011).
Professional Society Activities
- IEEE Senior Member since March 2013
- International Technical Program Committees
- IEEE WCNC 2013, IEEE Globecom 2013 (Wireless Network), IEEE International Conference on Communications 2013 (Wireless Network)
- IEEE PIMRC 2012, 2013: Wireless Networks and Cross-Layer Tracks
- IEEE International Conference on Communications 2012: Wireless Network Symposium.
- IEEE International Conference on Communications 2012: Ad-hoc and Sensor Networking Symposium.
- IEEE Globecom 2009, Nov.30th-Dec. 4th, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
- IEEE/CME International Conference on Complex Medical Engineering 2009: April 9-11 at Tempe, AZ, USA
- IEEE International Conference on Communications 2008: Communication Theory Symposium, Beijing, China.
- International Wireless Communications & Mobile Computing Conference, MIMO Systems Symposium, August 12-16, 2007, Turtle Bay Resort, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- IEEE International Conference on Communications 2007: Communication Theory Symposium, Scotland.
- IEEE International Conference on Communications 2005: Communication Theory Symposium, Seoul, Korea
- Gwangju Section Chair, Jan. 2013 – Present
- Gwangju Section Secretary, Jan. 2010 – Dec. 2012
- Pittsburgh Chapter Chair for IEEE Signal Processing Society, June 2005 — Dec. 2008.
IEEE Conference Session Chairs
- IEEE Wireless Communications and Network Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- IEEE International Conference on Communications 2005: Communication Theory Symposium
Panels for Competitive National Science Foundation Programs (U.S.A.)
- SBIR/STTR: Wireless Sensor Networks, program director: Dr. Murali Nair, Date July 31st, 2007.
- CISE Networking Division, NeTS: Service Date: June 1-2, 2006, Program Director: Du David.
- CISE Networking Division, NeTS: NOSS-Panel, Service Date: April 20-21, 2006, Program director: Guru Parulkar.
- SBIR/STTR, program director: Dr. Murali Nair, date: August 26, 2005.
- CISE Networking Division, Service Date: May 9-10th, 2005. Program Director: Dr. Joseph Evans.
- SBIR, program director: Dr. Murali Nair, date: September 15, 2003.
Short Bio: Heung-No Lee graduated from University of California, Los Angeles(UCLA), U.S.A. with Ph.D., M.S., and B.S. degrees all in Electrical Engineering, 1999, 1994 and 1993 respectively. He then moved to HRL Laboratory, Malibu, California, and worked there as Research Staff Member from 1999 to 2002. He was then appointed as Assistant Professor at the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.A. in 2002. He then moved to Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), Republic of Korea, in 2009 with the rank of Associate Professor. In 2013, he was promoted to the rank of Full Professor at GIST. His research lies in the areas of Information Theory, Signal Processing Theory, and Communications Theory, and the application to Wireless Communications and Networking systems, Compressive Sensing and Optical Engineering, Biomedical systems, and Brain Computer Interfaces. He has served as the Lead Guest Editor for EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking in 2010 and 2011, and as the Area Editor for the AEU International Journal of Electronics and Communications since 2013. He was the Chapter Chair for IEEE Signal Processing Society at Pittsburgh, U.S.A., from 2005 to 2008. He served as the Secretary of IEEE Gwangju Section in Gwangju, Korea, from 2010 to 2011. He has been working as the Chair of IEEE Gwangju Section since 2012. He has served as a member of technical program committees for IEEE conferences, including the IEEE International Conference on Communications and IEEE Globecom. Awards he has received recently include Top 50 R&D Achievements of Fundamental Research in 2013 (National Research Foundation), Top 100 National R&D Research Award in 2012 (the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning) and This Month Scientist/Engineer Award (National Research Foundation) in January 2014. He has written more than forty international journal publications and a hundred international conferences and workshop papers. He was the Director of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science track within GIST College in 2014. In March 2015, he was appointed as the Dean of Research at GIST.