광주과학기술원 이흥노교수 이력사항
○ 성 명 : 이 흥 노 (李 興 魯).
○ 소 속 : 광주과학기술원 전기전자컴퓨터공학부
○ 전 화 : 010-4946-4710
○ E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
○ 1994.11.1. ~ 1999.10.30.University of California, Los Angeles, U.S.A., 전자공학, 박사
○ 1993.9.1. ~ 1994.10.30. University of California, Los Angeles, U.S.A., 전자공학, 석사
○ 1990.9.1. ~ 1993.5.30. University of California, Los Angeles, U.S.A., 전자공학, 학사
○ [2017.1.1.~ 현재] 2017 통신소사이어티 회장
○ [2017.1.1.~ 현재] 2017 (사)대한전자공학회 부회장 (등기이사)
○ [2017.1.1.~ 현재] 2017 JCCI 학술부위원장
○ [2015, 2016] 대한전자공학회 상임이사, 학술, 기획 부분
○ [2016.9.7.~ 현재] 미래과학기술지주(주), 상임이사
○ [2016.9.7.~ 현재] GIST 연구원장
○ [2016.9.7.~ 2017.5.31] GIST 연구정책센터 센터장
○ [2016.9.7.~ 2017.3.24.] GIST 연구처장
○ [2016.2.3.~ 현재] 미래창조과학부 직할 출연연구기관 임무중심형 기관평가위원
○ [2015.12.30.~ 현재] 미래창조과학부 연구개발특구위원회 위원
○ [2013.1.1.~ 2017.2.28] IEEE Gwangju Section Chair
○ [2012.9.1. ~ 현재] 전남대학교병원 객원교수
○ [2012.6.1. ~ 2016.8.31.] 한국연구재단 ICT 융합연구단 전문위원
○ [2009.1.1. ~ 현재] 광주과학기술원 전기전자컴퓨터공학부교수
○ [2002.1.1. ~ 2008.12.30.] University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, U.S.A., 교수
○ [1999.3.1. ~ 2001.12.30.] Hughes Research Lab. (HRL Lab.),Malibu, CA, U.S.A., 연구원
- 주요업적 및 수상경력
○ 2016. 11. 16. : GIST 연구상
○ 2016. 11. 16. : 2016년 선정 GIST 대표기술상
○ 2014. 11. 22. : 제 8회 국제노화심포지엄에서 베스트 포스터상 수상
○ 2013. 12. 20. : 2014년 이달의 과학기술자상 1월 수상자로 선정
○ 2013. 11. 23. : 제 7회 국제노화심포지엄에서 베스트 포스터상 수상
○ 2013. 10. 16. : 한국연구재단, 2013년 기초연구 우수성과 50선 선정
○ 2013. 08. 28. : 미래창조과학부, 2012년 국가연구개발 우수성과 100선 선정
: 부호 이론적 다중 압축 센싱 시스템 개발 연구
○ 전자전 특화 연구센터에 대한 연구
： 잡음통신기술을 적용한 다중모드 항재밍 저피탐 통신기법 (EW-33) 연구
: 해상도 향상 DSP 알고리즘을 이용한 초소형 고해상도 분광기 모듈 개발
Heung-No Lee, Ph.D.
Professor, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS)
Director of GIST Research Institute
Dean of Research
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)
261 Cheomdan Gwagiro (Oryong dong), Buk-gu
Gwangju 500-712, Republic of Korea
Phone: +(82) 62-970-2237
FAX: +(82) 62-940-2204
Lab homg page: http://infonet.gist.ac.kr/
The candidate is seeking a professional opportunity for teaching and research. Primary teaching interests include communications, information theory, and signal processing, and research interests include wireless communications and networking, optical engineering, and biomedical engineering.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Eng., University of California, Los Angeles, Nov. 1999
Title of Dissertation: Adaptive Diversity Combining, Equalization and Sequence Decoding for Time-Varying Dispersive Channels
- M.S. in Electrical Eng., University of California, Los Angeles, Dec. 1994
- B.S. in Electrical Eng., University of California, Los Angeles, June 1993
Professional Positions Held
- Member of INNOPOLIS Committee, Dec. 2015 – present
- Dean of Research, GIST, March 2015 – present
- Director of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science track of GIST College, June 2014 – March 2015
Professor, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS), GIST, Korea, 2013.3 -Present
Associate Professor, School of Information and Communications, GIST, Korea, 2009.1 – 2013.2.
Review Board of National Research Foundation of Korea, 2012 – 2016
Visiting Professor, Chonnam National University Hospital, 2012 – 2016
Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Eng. Department, the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, U.S.A., 2002 – 2008.
Research Staff Member, HRL Laboratories, L.L.C., (Formerly Hughes Research Laboratories) Information Science Laboratory, 1999 – 2002
Awards and Honors
- GIST Research Award 2016
- Top 11 GIST Researches Selected in 2016
- This Month Scientist/Engineer Award, National Research Foundation, January 2014.
- Top 50 National Research and Development Achievements, awarded by National Research Foundation of Korea, Oct. 15th, 2013.
- Top 100 National Research and Development Achievements, awarded by Korean Ministry of Science, ICT and Planning, August, 28th, 2013.
- National Research Laboratory of Korea, National Research Foundation 2010
- University of Pittsburgh Central Research Development Grant Awards: 2005, 2002 (USA)
- Who’s who in America, nominated in 2001 and 2005 (USA)
- Pittsburgh Digital Greenhouse Research Grant Award 2002 (USA)
- Departmental Scholar upon graduation of UCLA, 1993 (USA)
- Graduation from UCLA with honor (Cum Laude)
- Member of Tau Beta Phi honor society
International Journal Editorship
- Area Editor for AEU–International Journal of Electronics and Communications. Areas include channel coding, information theory, signal processing, communications theories. January 2013 ~ present.
- Lead Guest Editor for EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking. Special Issue on Networking Coding for Wireless Networks, Other Guest Editors: Sae-Young Chung (KAIST), Christina Fragouli (EPFL), and Zhi-Hong Mao (University of Pittsburgh). On-Line Publication: http://www.hindawi.com/journals/wcn/2010/si.nwc.html (Link taken on Jan. 8th, 2011).
Professional Society Activities
- IEEE Senior Member since March 2013
- International Technical Program Committees
- IEEE WCNC 2013, IEEE Globecom 2013 (Wireless Network), IEEE International Conference on Communications 2013 (Wireless Network)
- IEEE PIMRC 2012, 2013: Wireless Networks and Cross-Layer Tracks
- IEEE International Conference on Communications 2012: Wireless Network Symposium.
- IEEE International Conference on Communications 2012: Ad-hoc and Sensor Networking Symposium.
- IEEE Globecom 2009, Nov.30th-Dec. 4th, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
- IEEE/CME International Conference on Complex Medical Engineering 2009: April 9-11 at Tempe, AZ, USA
- IEEE International Conference on Communications 2008: Communication Theory Symposium, Beijing, China.
- International Wireless Communications & Mobile Computing Conference, MIMO Systems Symposium, August 12-16, 2007, Turtle Bay Resort, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- IEEE International Conference on Communications 2007: Communication Theory Symposium, Scotland.
- IEEE International Conference on Communications 2005: Communication Theory Symposium, Seoul, Korea
- Gwangju Section Chair, Jan. 2013 – Present
- Gwangju Section Secretary, Jan. 2010 – Dec. 2012
- Pittsburgh Chapter Chair for IEEE Signal Processing Society, June 2005 — Dec. 2008.
Short Bio: Heung-No Lee graduated from University of California, Los Angeles(UCLA), U.S.A. with Ph.D., M.S., and B.S. degrees all in Electrical Engineering, 1999, 1994 and 1993 respectively. He then moved to HRL Laboratory, Malibu, California, and worked there as Research Staff Member from 1999 to 2002. He was then appointed as Assistant Professor at the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.A. in 2002. He then moved to Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), Republic of Korea, in 2009 with the rank of Associate Professor. In 2013, he was promoted to the rank of Full Professor at GIST. His research lies in the areas of Information Theory, Signal Processing Theory, and Communications Theory, and the application to Wireless Communications and Networking systems, Compressive Sensing and Optical Engineering, Biomedical systems, and Brain Computer Interfaces. He has served as the Lead Guest Editor for EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking in 2010 and 2011, and as the Area Editor for the AEU International Journal of Electronics and Communications since 2013. He was the Chapter Chair for IEEE Signal Processing Society at Pittsburgh, U.S.A., from 2005 to 2008. He served as the Secretary of IEEE Gwangju Section in Gwangju, Korea, from 2010 to 2011. He has been working as the Chair of IEEE Gwangju Section since 2012. He has served as a member of technical program committees for IEEE conferences, including the IEEE International Conference on Communications and IEEE Globecom. Awards he has received recently include Top 50 R&D Achievements of Fundamental Research in 2013 (National Research Foundation), Top 100 National R&D Research Award in 2012 (the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning) and This Month Scientist/Engineer Award (National Research Foundation) in January 2014. He has written more than forty international journal publications and a hundred international conferences and workshop papers. He was the Director of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science track within GIST College in 2014. In March 2015, he was appointed as the Dean of Research at GIST.